Resetting forgotten passwords consists of 2 steps.
In these steps, you can use the authentication methods (SMS, Email, or Security Question) that you have previously specified.
- Login to https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com/. Enter your KU NetID and captcha information.
- Choose one of the authentication methods you have specified.
- In the example, the GSM number method is selected. The missing fields were filled and the SMS authentication code was entered.
- Choose the second of the authentication methods you specified earlier.
- In the example, the email address is selected. The missing fields were filled and the authentication code sent to the email was entered.
- After passing the authentication methods, you can set your new password.
- You have to wait a few minutes for your new password to become active.